A BLOG ABOUT PIE AND OTHER ADVENTURES... BUT MOSTLY PIE.



Monday, April 26, 2010

Cobbleh! Cobblah! -Choo!

I'm taking it easy today, as my co-worker was kind enough to take my Monday night bar-tending shift at work *just so* I can relax and try not to get any sicker (cough hack sneeze - you name it I'm expelling it!) Thanks, Kent, you rock! So I thought I'd throw together a little cobbler with some grapes and kiwi and see what happened... I happen to like pretty much anything that's green and tart, so it's kind of a no-lose experiment.

I won't bore you with long, detailed directions because there aren't any. Instead, I'll just give you the easy/tasty recipe from the "Favorite Recipes From the Kitchens of W.C.G. Members in Paris Kentucky" cookbook, courtesy of Katherine Basham of the Paris KY Copher clan.

Fruit or Berry Cobbler
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter
1 large can/3 cups of fruit, drained

Melt butter in baking dish. Add other ingredients, mix batter well. Pour drained fruit over the batter and bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. (Cobbler should be gooey but not drippy, so eyeball the filling to ascertain whether it needs more time.) Serve in bowls, with optional homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. The end.




By the way, I liked the grape/kiwi mixture. Makes me want to get all crazy when fruits start coming into season - Persimmon and Rhubarb! Blackberry and Kumquat!




No comments:

Post a Comment